Friday, September 25, 2009

I can hear it from here...

I can.
You might think I can't, but I can.

It is the sound of 27 families kvetching about the weekend's homework.

I know I usually don't give homework on the weekend (save for reading, which I refuse to consider work). But I had to.

I did. I had to. And not only is it homework. It is the recorder. I can hear the groans from here.

Don't blame me. The Quebec Education Program says they have to learn an instrument. So off we go on a musical odyssey from "Mary Had a Little Lamb" to "Ode to Joy" in twelve weeks. So if we are going to get there, we have to start somewhere. This weekend it's the notes G A B and an overview of the sheets in their duotang.

If your sixth-grader is squeak-screeching around the house this weekend, check their fingering to make sure the air isn't leaking out the sides of their little fingers.

Then send them out to serenade the neighbors. ;)

No comments: